Friday, April 2, 2010

Mariko on Monday...




Hormones vs Pure, Unadulterated Cravings.... or is it a bit of both? Have you ever had a sushi urge? This physical yearning for raw, slithery fish cut in bite-sized pieces embedded in white packets of goodness for the food that can be both the perfect take-out and in its latest incarnation as the prizes of gorge-fest "all you can eat" buffets...it is unavoidable to deny such cravings, even when you're picking up a custom-framed vintage map poster of New York City that is two feet larger than your arm span.... Yes my friends, to vanquish the yearning along Bloor St W, east of Bathurst (other locations on King Street and the Danforth) I stepped in to Mariko. I am very familiar with the chain, as there is one near my apartment and has been the scene of many a craving/self-indulgence and guilty pleasure. The restaurant is modest in size, the sushi bar (which looks alarmingly like a second-hand deli counter) is manned by a master of the raw.

This is the hallowed paper where I penciled in my heart's desires...

My second round of gluttonous goodness: Shrimp and Vegetable Tempura, White Tuna Sushi, Red Snapper and Salmon Sashimi, Spicy Salmon sushi, Green Dragon Roll and White Tuna Maki.

For $14.99, (vegetarian option is $10.99) unlimited servings of sushi, maki, special rolls (green dragon a must; tempura shrimp and avocado on top), teriyaki, teppanyaki, everything-yaki... this place has an ample amount of the basic tenets of Japanese cuisine (this is no rival to Hatchitorou in Marham though, as mentioned in a previous blog). Solo, simple and beautifully blissful, a craving well filled....
Mariko Japanese on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

managing mid-life... by revisiting reviews!

 Ugh, I'm out of practice!  I was reminded of my gallivanting and good eats blog by a dear friend from yesteryear and thought it best to...