Monday, June 14, 2010

Jack Shmack....

Cookie Sundae.. Sugary, sliding goodness.. yum, period.
So I sold out tonight and ate at Jack Astor's in my old 'hood (Progress Ave. in front of Scarborough Town Centre's The Bay) and expected to be bamboozled by extroardinarily orbitant prices of the usually uninspired offerings of pizza, a burger and every other deep-fried meat imaginable.... however, I was wrong (insert shame here). Amongst the backdrop of a lovely birthday (insert teenage-esque shout-outs to Ge Diza here) I was greeted with a perky server who came with my caesar pronto... yes, I drink caesars, lots of them... and was refreshed by a spiced pickle/bean/pepper/onion spear and the stalk of celery, lobster cheese dip with warm pita triangles and homemade tortilla chips (12.95). Upon first glance at my buffalo tenders saturated in medium, buttery goodness (12.95) I thought they had forgotten the rest of my tenders, however upon searching underneath the golden carb fry-fest were the rest of these "fingers". However, that wasn't the only the only surprise, Hot Tamale had the Seafood Papardelle (17.95) and I must say, was well worth every penny. And of course, let's hear it for the dessert, a white chocolate chip macadamia nut (Hawaii's nut export business should be untouched by this recession) cookie sundae that oddly resembles a beige cow patty... with 5 berries bizarrely pressed into the vanilla ice cream. At 5.95, compared to the dessert bonanzas at Cafe Mirage (another Scarborough offering), the price can't be beat. Just focus on breaking up that cookie and not missing your mouth.
Jack Astor's Bar and Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

managing mid-life... by revisiting reviews!

 Ugh, I'm out of practice!  I was reminded of my gallivanting and good eats blog by a dear friend from yesteryear and thought it best to...