Monday, June 25, 2018

Fast food... not what you think at SOCO

Oh the attempts to go out with a baby... bravo to us, parents everywhere for trying to have some semblance of their past pre-baby lives!  While visiting my friend, H, and her 2 month old... we ventured outside for a small jaunt around downtown to SOCO kitchen and bar for a quick attempt at lunch while her sweet bundle was trying to nap.  Prominently standing across the street with straight, sleek lines promising contemporary cuisine, we walk into the baby-friendly restaurant that is nestled in the Delta downtown.  We walk past a celebration, complete with a little toddler and I'm impressed that the swanky vibe is so warm and accepting of our littles.  Our server comes by and as we peruse our menu, my lactose intolerant self eyes the macaroni and cheese which has won not one, but THREE awards in a row, friends! Naive as we are, the sweet babe started to fuss and we asked the server to speedily do take out as we swooped in and out of the resto and back up the condo to soothe the babe and settle into eating our fast food.  Over giggles and chats of dreams, loves, and hope for domestic chore equity, my afternoon flew by quickly and my hunger satisfied from the rich cream of the macaroni and the crunch of the panko breadcrumbs on top.  Conscious-stricken over a lack of greens, we shared the SOCO urban salad and guiltily left a few leaves untouched as H's husband gladly pointed out as he got home to spy on my whereabouts (our mutual husbands are good friends)... ha!  As I got home, I offered the mac 'n cheese to my hungry H and put an end to this failed espionage mission.  Food is H's achilles' heel!  Isn't it everyone's?

See menu here for lunch: SOCO lunch menu  Nyom, nyom, nyom! 
Looking forward to many more fast food missions to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

managing mid-life... by revisiting reviews!

 Ugh, I'm out of practice!  I was reminded of my gallivanting and good eats blog by a dear friend from yesteryear and thought it best to...