Saturday, June 16, 2018

Oh my God, I ate pasta at Il Fornello....

....and it was good.  Oh, and by the way... with a CRAZY, MOFO TODDLER!  I think this was the first time in MONTHS that we ate at a sit-down restaurant and had drinks, apps, and a main.  No dessert... are you crazy?  We have a toddler...  Equipped with this fantastic Rubbermaid high chair on wheels, we were able to contain crazy Miss M who decided to nap three hours later than usual... (FML!)

We had the fried calamari, a glass of red sangria and white sangria... H had the sausage pizza and I had the seafood linguine.  Little Miss M had tidbits of the kids menu penne and meatballs in pomodoro sauce which she gobbled because the only things she eats these days are penne pasta, and well, penne pasta.... (insert disgruntled sigh here).

Both H and I walked Little Miss M once each around the resto while we took turns enjoying our meal and this was after Little Miss M was dancing on the table, literally with one shoe on, before the bread and apps were served to the delight of our gracious server.

Food was good but not heart-stopping, but it was a fantastic first night out, which was capped off with Baskin Robbins World Class Chocolate (really? I dunno) and my fave Jamocha Almond Fudge indulgences as we took Little Miss M to Withrow Park for some squirrel chasing, swings and the slide.

We spent $89 with tax and tip... Baskin Robbins was extra as well as Little Miss M's requests for "more" every time we gave her a wee taste of our ice cream :)

Honourable mention goes out to our server who chased me down out of the restaurant and gave me M's rubber plate/table (which is amazing and has served us on multiple occasions, find it here: ez mini mat, we got ours at Baby on the Hip) that we forgot on the table! Yay! Because I have mom brain, dammit.

Check out Il Fornello here: https://ilfornello.com/danforth/


No comments:

Post a Comment

managing mid-life... by revisiting reviews!

 Ugh, I'm out of practice!  I was reminded of my gallivanting and good eats blog by a dear friend from yesteryear and thought it best to...