Saturday, March 13, 2010

An Ode to Toronto Yard Sale Snoop, lover of fine food and finds...


There once was a teacher named Erin,
Who could not stand to have her shelves barren,
Enchanted by Value Village galore,
She hopped on her bike once more,
To claim forty-nine cent shot glasses from Darren (sorry, couldn't think of a word that rhymes!)

Tiny tea cups and plates,
Oversized Elvis busts and decoupage crates,
All a sight to be hold
In her classroom that breaks all stuffy moulds!

Okay, sorry Erin, this does not obviously encapsulate how fantastic you are as a person, a teacher and now as a fellow diner! Join Erin and I this week as we venture in the realm of dangerous foods since we are off, off, off for March Break... yippee!
Introduced to Anthony Bourdain by Mahna Mahna, Erin and I have discussed many of his finer qualities; great writer, adventurous foodie and a penchant for finding himself in the most uncomfortable and awkwardly entertaining of circumstances....



This is the woman who inspired me to blog! Check her out at: http://torontoyardsaler.blogspot.com/ Yee haw!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - you are so awesome in awesomeness. Thanks for the poem. I'll cherish it always.
    I can't wait to eat with you. I actually posted something on the Now article on another blog of mine: Five Ways to Disappear. It's linked on Yardsaler.
    I bought caribou and fig pate at the St. Lawrence Market today.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I think we should just sit in the library and eat our lunch in front of the Smart Board watching Tony in various states of Tonyness.
    Chin Chin!
    Man I feel like a woman.
    E

    ReplyDelete

managing mid-life... by revisiting reviews!

 Ugh, I'm out of practice!  I was reminded of my gallivanting and good eats blog by a dear friend from yesteryear and thought it best to...