Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Goat Roti and Cola Champagne...

Monday last, Hot Tamale and I went to The Real Jerk at Queen St. E. and Broadview for dinner (2nd one for me that evening, yes, the sad stir-fry I made was uneventful and saturated in oyster sauce) to be followed by a romp at Ed's Real Scoop further east on Queen St. The groovin' atmosphere, complete with dark lighting, vinyl red, yellow and green sticky tablecloths and various rasta paraphernalia hanging from the ceiling were matched by the well-organized menu and our pleasant server Leo. Dreaming of sandy beaches, my girlfriend ate Ackee and cod fish ($13) which she claims was, "pretty good" as I quickly ate my goat roti ($6.99), although with bones and very large potato chunks, was still savoury. As a worthy comparison, there is Cool Runnings at Main St. and Gerrard St. to try with high recommendations (an old hang out after work with friends). Unfortunately, Ed's was closed 15 minutes before aforementioned closing time (don't do this people!) and we settled for Dairy Queen Mint Oreo blizzards on the way home, no comparison!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

managing mid-life... by revisiting reviews!

 Ugh, I'm out of practice!  I was reminded of my gallivanting and good eats blog by a dear friend from yesteryear and thought it best to...