Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Destiny date...

Inside Destiny!
Too full of tummy trouble, I was disappointed to pass on an invitation to Bachata dance lessons last Wednesday.  My stomach has oft been a casualty of this blog and today went on strike by refusing to keep things down and in (forgive me, too much information). So, why not try a new tea place then?  Ta-da, enter Destiny at the every-increasing Asian mega-complexes north of Steeles of which I am excited to try.  Accompanied by Anne, through the deceivingly simple storefront we were ushered into a large, futuristic banquet hall-sized "tea shop slash chinese tapas slash dessert" resto.  From Rude Jude's days in T.O. the second floor that looks down on the long fluorescent orange bar-like table in the middle is reserved for VIPs... needless to say, we sat on the first floor.

One of the many modern light fixtures at Destiny... Don't the lights kind of look like tapioca balls?


I settled on a large ginger tea with tapioca balls of course while Anne enjoyed a mango black milk tea ($4 each) with tapioca as well.  I found the best medicine was a long overdue catch-up with a good friend to calm the stomach and the spirit.  Cheers!

Destiny on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

managing mid-life... by revisiting reviews!

 Ugh, I'm out of practice!  I was reminded of my gallivanting and good eats blog by a dear friend from yesteryear and thought it best to...